Friday, January 3, 2014

Bubba's Amazing Beaver Cream and Allen's Coffee Brandy... a mix you don't want to try at home kids!

Like many of our ideas, these two came to us at my kitchen table one day. We had talked about making fake commercials before (Bubba wanted to do one called 'Bubba's Custom Cocks and Cunts' but I vetoed that idea) but we never came up with any solid ideas.

"I got this idea," said Bubba, "for a commerical."

"Oh yeah? What's the product called?" I asked.

"Bubba's Amazing Beaver Cream," he said.

I laughed.
Watch Bubba's Amazing Beaver Cream on YouTube!

"What is this cream for?" I asked. "Are we talking about making a fake commercial about a product made for beavers or are we talking about the lady-part?"

"We're talking about her beaver," he said. "It's a cream the ladies can put on their vagina like Vagisil."

We bounced the idea around for a little bit and decided to record it the next afternoon at my place. Bubba brought over his computer and we got to work.

"So how's it going to start?" I asked.

"I don't know, man," he said. "All I came up with was the title."

"Well, let's start it off like an infomercial," I said. "What if you said something that started with 'Excuse me, ma'am'."

Then Bubba said, "Excuse me, ma'am but does your beaver itch?"

I started laughing. "Yes! That's good. What's next?"

"Umm, I don't know," he said. "Does your beaver smell kind of funky?"

"That's good too!" I said as I wrote down his lines.

"Should it be funny or funky? Excuse me ma'am but does your beaver smell funny? Or should we stick with funky. I kind of like funky."

"Funky it is," I said as I wrote.

"Alright," he said. "What's next?"

"'Well then, you need Bubba's Amazing Beaver Cream'," I suggested. "Go in for the sales pitch. It's that time in the commercial. Now, what's it do? What's the benefit to buying this product?"

"It will make your beaver feel fresh and clean," he said.

"Perfect."

Since we couldn't find a lady who would do the voice part (my girlfriend wanted nothing to do with Bubba's Amazing Beaver Cream), Bubba voiced the "MMMM HMMM" part himself. That's my favorite part of the commercial. We seriously laughed our balls off making the damn thing!

We worked on it for the rest of the afternoon and finished it up before we went to Chad's house for rehearsal. We showed it to him and he loved it!

While we were working on Bubba's Amazing Beaver Cream, I told Bubba I had an idea for an Allen's Coffee Brandy commercial. The next afternoon, we sat around my kitchen table recording the Allen's commercial.
Watch Allen's on YouTube!

We bounced around ideas for the commercial, wrote a few of them down and then got to the business of recording it.

The idea was to create a commercial that blended the weird drunken experiences in a happy, upbeat tone. Bubba picked out the sound effects and the background music. It all came together quickly and fit like a glove (not like O.J.'s gloves).

I love Allen's Coffee Brandy, both the commercial we recorded and the actual drink. It's my favorite drink! However, some people can't handle the Allen's and they lose their shit! It can be your best friend or your worst nightmare. I can't tell you how many horror stories I've heard from people when they drink Allen's Coffee Brandy. I've experienced a few but none like 'When you wake up in a strange woman's bed surrounded by a dozen cats and she asks "Who the fuck are you?"' and I hope I never do! I said that line just joking around but Bubba liked it so we put it in the commercial.

I was hoping the Allen's Coffee Brandy commercial would be a hit. I wanted to be the Unofficial Spokesman for the product. I think it could be a hell of a good marketing campaign! If anyone at M.S. Walker is reading this, don't be afraid to give me a call. I have some great advertising ideas! Seriously, I need the money!

The best thing about recording these two commercials was hearing the response from people when we played it for them. I love to hear people laugh at our stuff. It's why we do this thing. As Bubba once said, "This is what I do to entertain you." Enjoy!

Subscribe to our YouTube Channel

Like us on FaceBook

No comments:

Post a Comment