Sunday, December 8, 2013

How It All Began Part Tres

Fast forward a few years...

"Life happens when you're busy making other plans," was a quote by John Lennon (I think). Anyway, it's fitting for the next entry.

Bubba and I grew up and our childhood dreams of being rock stars faded into the mundane reality of the real world. Both of us went to college to study different things (Bubba studied audio production while I studied business). Both of us got married to different people at different times in our lives and started living our new reality of being normal people with normal jobs trying to raise our families. It's boring shit and not worth mentioning a whole lot. That's my personal opinion at least and since I'm the one writing this stuff, I guess I get the last word on that!

In the meantime, Bubba was married and living somewhere in East Butt-fuck (actually it was either Bridgeton or Baldwin, Maine but I couldn't tell you which one). He was working a few part-time jobs trying to support his family. One of his jobs was at a radio station where he was putting his skills at audio production to use. In his spare time, Bubba recorded a couple of songs and emailed them to me.

All I remember was one of the songs started like this, "When I was five, my daddy called me a cocksucker! Cocksucker!" Need I say more? No but I will anyway! I don't remember many of the lyrics but I can recall a couple of them. "When I was ten, he went and did it again" and something about a "Brokeback dance" are the only lines from that song left in my noggin.

That song didn't have a lot of commercial appeal. I tried to explain it to him but he just got pissed at me and hung up the phone. How many people are going to relate to a song like that? Can you hear many people singing "Cocksucker!" on their way to work? Maybe they will now. Maybe I just inspired a new trend. I dare you on your way to work to sing "Cocksucker!" over and over again as loud as you can with your windows down! Do you dare?

The other song I remember him showing me had an accompanying video. It was titled, "I Want To Rub One Out." Need I say more? On this one, I do. He put it up on YouTube back when YouTube was young. The year was probably 2006 or 2007. He made a video using images from the internet (similar to the video for "Chainsaws, Hookers and Blow"). The song was about masterbation if you didn't already figure it out. One site he put it on removed it for content violations. It was a fairly inappropriate song but it was catchy!

To be continued...

www.facebook.com/bubbaandthegovernmentcheeze

www.youtube.com/bubba99471

No comments:

Post a Comment